Thursday, August 03, 2006

Emergency demo this Saturday

Another hot sunny day (probably), another march to look forward to in London. This is an emergency march called by Stop the War Coalition, regarding the crisis in the Middle East. A demo which deserves all the support possible - however I will be genuinely interested to see the leaflets and behaviour of groups like the SWP / PSC etc.
I have heard some SWP members talk quite openly about how Israeli workers have all been bought off by Zionism, inherently reactionary, all the usual kind of crap.
I find this utterley disgraceful. And with their recent turn in the last few years to the Mosques, it could get worse. We will wait and see,

2 Comments:

Blogger voltaires_priest said...

I tend to agree, Larry.

I'm going to the demo - and I hope that everyone who reads this blog goes as well. But if I have to watch Galloway bellowing about how he "glorifies" Hizbollah, then I may require a sick bucket.

5:52 AM  
Blogger El Tom said...

I love it how the israeli working class is inherently reactionary, yet the palestinian/muslim lebanese working class is incorruptibly progressive.

Though quite prepared to work and debate with the SWP, the slackness of their thinking astounds me.

Thanks for your comment volts, I have replied at my place.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home