Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Newsnight/Vigil/Hizb Update

Just a quick missive to update you all as to what's happened since my previous post about last night's risible Newsnight "report" on Hizb-ut-Tahrir.

I claim no credit for this, but Newsnight editor Peter Barron has posted a justification for the report, saying that "Some believed that the film was politically motivated and that we had set out with an agenda to discredit Hizb-ut-Tahrir. That was not the case."

What I would like to know, then, is why does Peter's justification not mention the report's heavy reliance on the shadowy "Vigil" organisation and its two members, Glen Jenvey and Dominic Whiteman? The main complaints that I have seen, revolve around the question as to whether these two, or the organisation they represent, are credible sources of information. I know what I think (I refer you to my previous post) - but why don't you take a look at Jenvey's website and decide for yourselves? And whilst you're at it, ask yourselves a question. If Barron is so confident in the report, then why doesn't he even try to defend one of the most crucial parts of its content?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home