Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Question for sectariana saddos

I was just wondering, does anyone know if the RCP (USA) has an English section? And if so, what are they called? I'm aware that they're affiliated to the Revolutionary Internationalist Movement (the delightfully acronymed "RIM"). But I always thought that international's only presence in the UK was a couple of wacko Sendero Luminoso supporters in London, and various Naxalite emigres from India.

Am I wrong, and if so can anyone provide me with details? As usual, the reward for any useful info is a night of being verbally abused in a real ale bar with myself and Denham etc...

4 Comments:

Blogger Imposs1904 said...

VP.

the RCP is a big deal - in the relative terms that the SWP is big deal in Britain - on the American far left. They have bookshops, sizeable contingents on demonstrations in New York and a 'so serious, it's fucking laughable' cult around their beloved leader, Bob Avakian.

3:40 PM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

We should have a bit of that in the UK - some serious Maoists might provide Georgie, Lindsey and co with a bit of competition on the shouting front ;-)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

They get notable endorsements for their big demonstrations. I found an RCP poster in my neighborhood.

I hate how Maoists call Bush fascist. If he is fascist, what is Hillary Clinton?

11:47 PM  
Blogger daggi said...

They've got some weirdo-students in Berlin, who like to hand out leaflets about the Shining Path.

Gegenfrage: Has the Lyndon LaRouche-Helga Sepp LaRouch-sect (many moons ago known as the "European Workers' Party") got anyone over in London?

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home