Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monbiot Tears the Bastards Apart

There are few things that raise my ire more than the 9-11 conspiracy crew. Most annoying is seeing them, seemingly getting a hearing, at every anti-war demo I have attended in Britain. They walk around with thier crap signs showing a poorly drawn plane and the towers with "9-11" and "Truth" written somewhere on the signs.

They've approached me, and I've given it to them. I will continue to do so. What is most disturbing is that they seem shocked that I should have such a reaction to them. It is as though they truly believe that they are simply another group with a cause who does no harm by being there. However as Monbiot points out in his article in today's Guardian nothing could be further from the truth. Monbiot makes the point that I have made all along with these people and that is that they discredit the left and the real movements that we are trying to build.

So this weekend, if you're going to the demo, make sure to let them know how much they are not welcome. I usually find that saying "get that shit outta my face" in my best NY accent when they try to hand me a leaflet works. There really isn't much point in an American who was there engaging them in conversation. They'd probably look on with wonder at someone who must be "in on it"......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home