Wednesday, August 23, 2006

All Bosses Are Bastards

I must thank Will of "A General Theory of Rubbish", for drawing my attention to the following. And also for the above title, which I simply couldn't improve upon.

"The worst excuse for not paying the national minimum wage was 'He doesn't deserve it - he's a total waste of space'. This was followed by: 'She only wanted £3 per hour' and 'I didn't think the workers were worth te national minimum wage'. 'I didn't think it applied to small employers' was also on the list, and 'He's disabled'.

"Other excuses included 'They can't cope on their own and it's more than they would get in their own country', and 'The workers can't speak English'".

All the above comes from an official report by the Customs Service and Paymaster General Dawn Primarolo. And a hat-tip to Will, despite his continuing practice of calling my colleague the Priest a "wanker".

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Those are some pretty lame excuses for ripping people off. One thing I hate is wealthy bastards giving me the "poor mouth" when it comes to wages.

9:33 PM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

Apparently the "wanker" thing comes from having once had the temerity to say "Christopher Hitchens" and "drink" in the same sentence. Had a similar effect to telling a (fully grown, foul-mouthed) child that Santa doesn't exist.

11:34 PM  
Blogger stroppybird said...

Volty

I have been called worse by Will. Its his way of making friends :-)

Anyway rather Will and his swearing anyday to certain puritanical fuckwits.

1:58 AM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

LOL true, although he could probably do with working on his social skills (not to mention his political views on the Middle East) ;-)

2:14 AM  
Blogger stroppybird said...

"LOL true, although he could probably do with working on his social skills "

I think thats probably true of most of the bloggies ....

4:26 AM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

Mind you, that Duff fella who's arguing with me and Louise over on your blog isn't much of a charmer either...

4:32 AM  
Blogger stroppybird said...

Not been about much roday, I did add one post I think. Perhaps Duff and Paddy will take it in terms to talk about morality and unionised 'rutting' :-)

11:18 AM  
Blogger stroppybird said...

Comment, not post, on the post that VP is talking about.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

cheers for barricading my blog over the last few days guys!

It's not that their arguments are tough to defeat, but I do get bored of dealing with the bastards after I've baited 'em a bit.

11:45 AM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

Aye aye cap'n! :D:D:D

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home