Wednesday, August 30, 2006

419 Scammer!

Someone kindly sent me a new 419 scam email today, which I felt compelled to share with the world:

Dear Friend,

How are you today and business in your country?

I am Mr. Kato Yoshida, Bank Manager of Tokyo Mitsubishi ufj Bank, Tokyo Branch.

I have a business proposal for you,if you are intrested,you can contact me through My Private E-mail Address katoyoshida1912@addressdeleted

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Kato Yoshida.

Yeah, and I'm really Leo DeCaprio in a fat suit.

(By the way, just in case anyone reading this is gullible beyond belief, this man is NOT the manager of any bank in Tokyo; he is an email scammer seeking to defraud you of money. I've deleted his email address to protect the vulnerable. So don't blame me if you're so bloody stupid as to try and contact him. You've been warned)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

419?

8:29 AM  
Blogger voltaires_priest said...

It comes from the international dialling code for Nigeria if I remember rightly. 419 scamming is, believe it or not, the major area of criminal activity in Nigeria, and a proper nightmare for the authorities over there.

A huge proportion of 419 scammers come from Nigeria. More than likely including "Mr Yoshida" above, who is more likely to be in an internet cafe in Lagos, than he is in a bank in Tokyo.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

The term 419 comes from the Nigerian penal code.

I'm cursed with too much knowledge about that subject.

Sign up for the forum at www.419eater.com . You will get an education.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home